How to ensure a long MC career by taking an excellent photo of you with both the bride and groom
Recording every MC job is an essential task to enhance the quality and frequency of your bookings; so please remember to capture every performance with the classic shot of the MC and the couple together.
Here’s the evidence: http://www.flickr.com/photos/weddingmc/
You can practically witness my entire MC employment over the last few years. Besides being a great memory for myself of the ‘best job in the world’, this visual testimony works as a powerful statement of consistency and professionalism that go a long way towards allaying any fears the prospective couple might have. Once they see this, they cannot give me their deposit quick enough* (see below)
The rules for success here are straightforward:
- Obviously you must be dressed appropriately in your MC uniform of high quality dry-cleaned black dinner suit and our branded small polka-dot bow-tie or branded small polka-dot tie with studded shirt and shiny black shoes for the men and similar formal attire for the ladies.
- Only ever take a trio shot. In other words, the couple and yourself with the bride always in the middle (position them yourself). We will not publish any duo photos of yourself and the bride or you and just the groom. It must be the three of you all together.
- Hold up the microphone in view - because it looks like you’ve just stepped in while still doing your busy MC role - and, just in case, your prospects can easily identify you as the MC.
- From reading our our Terms and Conditions plus the follow-up emails post-confirmation, the bride and groom will be aware that you will request a photograph of the 3 of you together.
- However, pre-empt the task by saying to the couple “I’ve bought my camera with me - do you mind if we get a shot together soon?” The best time to do this is at the beginning of the evening. Once the shot is checked OK, thank the bride and groom, show it to them and, if you feel its necessary, ask their permission if WeddingMC.com.au can use it online?
- Take your own camera with you to the venue and give it to the the photographer to shoot-off a few when it comes time. Besides the Trio shot mentioned above, try and capture yourself with the microphone in hand in action on stage or at the lectern. e.g. during speeches.
- The photographer might shoot a few pictures of you using their own camera. But do not rely on ever seeing them again. Many MCs know how difficult it is to retrieve shots of themselves from photographers after the event. An iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 and above are fine to use because they can handle the reduced light.
- Direct the person taking the shot to get close
Please send us as many colour or black and white images using the file name formula written below
PHOTO FILE NAMES
Before you email them to us, rename your photos using the following formula: petemiller_sherato0813brad_janet.jpg (this is the name of the mc + the venue + the date- month and year + the bridegroom). Please do not worry about re-sizing the photo.
* it also helps to recognise the bride and groom if you meet them in the street years later and they are dressed in their civilian clothes