The MC Academy presents
The World’s Greatest Wedding Emcee Training
You are invited to attend our 2 1/2 day Wedding Master of Ceremonies weekend workshop.
These are interactive live events that begin on a Friday evening and progress all day Saturday and all day Sunday.
This is an intensive professional course specifically structured to give you everything you need to know to work in the fastest growing area of the wedding industry.
ANNOUNCEMENT: brand new dates for 2015 March 13-15th Sydney
make certain you know when and how by subscribing to our 'MC Secrets' newsletter
My name is Pete Miller and welcome to a weekend that could literally change your life.
I've been a professional wedding MC now since the mid 90s and I am convinced that working as a master of ceremonies at wedding receptions is one of the best jobs in the world.
Pumping dance music, fabulous 5 Star food, elegant fashion, powerful ritual, love, romance and passion, honour, and mate-ship. Brilliant; a wedding reception has it all.
Besides being a lot of fun, it is an honour to help in the success of such an important day for the 2 families and all their friends. Now here is your chance to become a world-class wedding MC in just one exciting weekend. We guarantee the effectiveness of these events to build your Wedding MC career.
The International Professional Wedding MC Industry Is Expanding Rapidly
Australian couples and their guests have for many years enjoyed the class, elegance and style that comes naturally from an experienced public speaker in charge of the reception proceedings.
Lucky Aussie brides have managed to avoid the embarrassment of using the nervous inexperienced friend or the cheesy distracted DJ.
Australia has lead the worldwide trend towards using trained wedding MCs after the major venues got their muscle behind the movement and started to recommend the service to brides.
The encouragement and support from the wedding industry thankfully sealed the fate of would-be comedians and hopeful desperate DJs who had volunteered their MC services for free.
From there, it has rapidly expanded to where - in Sydney alone - there are now 6 individual agencies offering professional multi-lingual wedding master of ceremonies services.
As this social change is taking place at wedding receptions right now across the globe, demand is booming for more professional emcees to guarantee a successful one-off event such as a wedding reception.
If you are an experienced public speaker, TV presenter, entertainer, toastmaster, performer or actor you can now achieve maximum ROI (return on investment) on your expertise.
Grow your income - using the skills you already possess.
Besides earning between a cool $500 to $1000 a night, working as a wedding mc is the most FUN you can ever have with a microphone in your hand. But you must know how to do it properly first.
In just one weekend, you will learn exactly what steps to take and what is needed to start working straight away in this exciting business.
I remember my father saying to me as a kid "Pete, the only way to learn to swim is jump in the water."
And its the same with performance. That’s why we have designed this workshop as a practical, hands on experience.
There is not a lot of sitting down as a group in a circle watching boring out-dated powerpoint presentations.
Our signature role-plays are fun and instructive.
This workshop covers every conceivable challenge, impossible situation and worse-case scenario that that a wedding MC might expect to face during the course of an event.
You are coached in How to Prepare, How To Present, How To Personailize, How To Perform, and How to Persuade.
There is no other training like this anywhere in the world. And of course, like all our products and services, we guarantee its effectiveness - or your money back.
- What are the different ‘hats’ a MC wears during an event?
- How to prepare e.g. what are the essential parts to cover before you take that microphone in your hand
- What to wear for maximum impact eg modern grooming with a classic style for best effect
- What are some of the best ways to introduce the bridal party
- How to rehearse the Grand Entrance so you nail it every time
- The importance of designing a proper runsheet that helps and not hinders everyone
- How to avoid dead spots
- How to maintain elegance under pressure
- How to juggle many different and divergent tasks at one time
- How to be entertaining without stealing the show, sacrificing the schedule and pulling focus away from the bride and groom
- How to make a toast personal so they think you are one of the close family
- The best way to run the pre-wedding meeting
- How many hours is the MC required to attend the wedding reception? In other words, when should the MC arrive and leave?
- What duties does the MC role cover?
- What duties does the MC role not cover?
- What are the expectations of the MC from the bride and grooms point of view?
- What to do when things go wrong
- Why signing the guest book is so important
- How to warm up your voice
- How to speak so you can be heard clearly without shouting using the natural resonance in your voice
- The best way to Introduce yourself to the audience
- How to play off one side of the audience against the other
- How to know what and when humour is appropriate
- The curse of joke-telling and why it should be avoided at all costs
- How to recognise and make a funny situation funnier
- Classic one-liners that will get the audience on your side
- The secret words to use to inspire the guests to celebrate. In other words, how to turn normally sedate guests into raging party animals
- Tried and tested scripts on what to say and how best to seque all the different rituals including the speeches, cake cutting, bridal waltz / first dance, garter / the bouquet throw, the garter toss and all the rest
- How to deal with hecklers and drunks so they will never bother you again
- Recognise the difference between charisma and on-stage magnetism
- Discover your own particular individual MC style and most appealing aspects of your personality and then use these points to make an audience fall in love with you as soon as you stand in front of them
- How to give the bride and groom maximum time with their guests
- How to make everyone feel like a champion - even the photographer and kitchen staff
- Do you need your own personal Public Address (PA) and microphone system?
- How to configure in-house PA and Audio Visual (AV) systems
- Advanced microphone techniques to get the crowd to do exactly as you want
- An overview of what bride and grooms look for when booking their MC
- How to stand out from other MCs and accelerate your bookings
- How to exceed your clients expectations every time by adding surprise value
- The similarities and differences between a speaker and a emcee
- The similarities and differences between a corporate MC work and wedding MC work
- When and when not to use the lectern
- and much, much more...
An Investment In Yourself
We have seen wedding MC careers originate from experience gained in the following areas: adult education trainer, high school teacher, live show host AKA compere, corporate MC, TV presenter, toastmaster, comedian, magician, acting, theatre, cabaret, DJ and sales rep.
This is your chance to start your wedding MC career now. You can immediately graduate to professional wedding MC status in one instructive weekend workshop
However, success as an MC is not restricted to the entertainment and education industry. Two of our most successful MCs - Elvis and Angela - are both heavy hitters in the finance and taxation industries. And another MC is high up in the medical world. So do not put too much emphasis on your lack of experience or lack of exposure to the performing arts. The most important aspect of a successful MC is Attitude.
Brilliant MCs have an outstanding desire to serve at the highest level. They all have a "no matter what it takes" mindset because always in the back of their mind they know that there is only this one chance to get it right. And they know that no-one has come to the reception to watch them!
This workshop is supported by an in-depth manual that covers the entire course with extra detail. This inter-active workbook becomes a unique tool as we concentrate on developing and recording your own presentation style.
This manual contains the essential templates that transform into a handbook to use from the lectern at weddings - plus we make available additional resources such as exclusive audio files and videos for attendees only.
Package of classic MC resources
You are given a complete package of original and exclusive MC products that will prepare and support you in your journey to be the first choice MC.
Included in this unique combo are hardcopy versions of the paperback books UP FRONT IN CONTROL and YOU CAN BE A WEDDING + a DVD version of the best-selling 5 EASY StEPS TO A FANTASTIC VOICE.
For digital download to your mobile device, you get the eBook ITS NOT WHAT YOU SAY ITS HOW YOU SAY IT, the classic INSTANT MC video series from Ron Tacchi, the hilarious audio interview MC SECRETS REVEALED between Ron Tacchi and Peter Miller and a subscription to MC SECRETS newsletter.
Extra Bonuses summary
* Invitation to become an affiliate partner and earn a fee each time one of your friends signs up (see below)
* If you are already a member of our exclusive Wedding MC Directory, use your coupon code and attend at a discounted rate (see below)
* All paid attendees can bring a non-participating friend for free to add as support members of the audience
* 3 months email support following on from the workshop including appraisal and advise on your career as a wedding MC
* Sample chapters of the best selling bible on how to work as a corporate business master of ceremonies called "Up Front In Control" that are appropriate to being a top-notch wedding MC
* Special graduate-only discounts are offered on other MC products and services such as personal mentoring and coaching.
The workshop venue is the Macquarie Function Centre Liverpool
Earn Back Your Tuition
Once your workshop fee has been paid, you are given exclusive rights to re-claim it back by signing onto our sophisticated sponsor system.
By simply telling other speakers about this great opportunity and expanding the cake even further, you will receive 35% commission from your referral once they sign on. This is called affiliate income.
Attend for Less
If you are already part of our wedding MC Directory showcase, your membership allows you a special % discounted rate. Please contact the office for your promotional code and register now before the class fills up and you have to wait until next year.
Held only once a year
Because of the restricted availability of the instructor, there is usually only one Wedding MC Weekend Workshop held in each capital city each year.
And to enable the most-productive role-plays to occur, the class is obviously a small size.
Don't miss this opportunity. There are strictly limited places - so secure your seat now - and pick up the fantastic early-bird bonuses while you are there.
In Honour Of
These workshops are dedicated in tribute and gratitude to our late mentor, amazing MC and co-author Mr Ron Tacchi.
The next 2015 workshop in Sydney begins on the evening of Friday the 13th of March and runs to Sunday March 15th.
We work one-on-one with each MC attendee - which makes workshop spaces strictly limited; so it's FIRST in BEST dressed.
Book online now and lock-in your place for the cost of just 1 or 2 MC jobs. It wil be ages before we hold another workshop here - and this is guaranteed to fill up fast and sell out for sure
Conditions and terms of participation
SpeakersCoach.com and the director Peter Miller make every effort to ensure they create and present the strategies in this program to help you be successful as a wedding MC. However, there is no guarantee that you will be successful using the strategies of the Weekend Wedding MC workshop. Your level of success is determined by many factors including your natural ability, level of skill, achievement, knowledge, personality, dedication and focus. You alone are responsible for your decisions, actions and results. This course is simply based on Peter Miller's vast knowledge, opinions and experience.
No specific income projections have been established and are inferred only.
All MCs and their guests attend the workshop at their own risk. No responsibility for loss or injury as a result of attending the workshop can be accepted by WeddingMC.com.au or its agents.
The workshop will be video recorded and the footage may be used online. All attendees must sign a waiver before commencing, permitting the the use of all images including film, video and photos taken during the workshop.
Graduation from the workshop program is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of the Director. Upon graduation, attendees are able to use the MC Academy logo on their marketing (some restrictions apply).
Graduates may be invited to join the Wedding MC online Directory, the worlds first professional wedding mc video showcase website. The successful MC will be required to pay a once-only joining fee of $495 incl gst to cover the cost of uploading the MCs profile to the website. This also entitles the MC to a complementary 12 month membership.
Once biographical information has been submitted, a professionally worded profile piece is written (copyright restrictions apply). It is the responsibility of the MC to provide adequate photos, biographical and testimonial material. A separate video of the MC will be shot using a green screen under the direction of the workshop director. WeddingMC.com.au holds no responsibility for the authenticity or accuracy of these materials.
This joining fee entitles the MC to 1 year (12 month pro rata) membership. After that time, an annual renewal fee of $495 is required to remain an active member of the MC directory and maintain limited additions to the MCs profile. Membership benefits are constantly being added to and updated; the current list can be viewed on our Membership page.
All sales are protected by our 7 day guarantee. After that time, refunds are given at the discretion of the director. If you cannot attend, then a replacement is acceptable.
Representation on the corporate MC website compere.com.au is by invitation only and is not directly linked to the teachings at this workshop.
© 2015 WeddingMC.com.au + SpeakersCoach.com . All rights reserved.